IJMB Registration Process and Requirements in Nigeria
Learn about the IJMB registration process and requirements in Nigeria. Get started on your academic journey today with our comprehensive guide.
If you are a Nigerian student who wants to gain admission into a university, the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) program is a viable option for you. It is an advanced level program that allows students to gain admission into 200 level in Nigerian universities. In this article, we will be discussing the IJMB registration process and requirements in Nigeria.
What is IJMB?
The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) program is an advanced level program that allows students to gain admission into 200 level in Nigerian universities. It is equivalent to the first year of a university degree program. The program is moderated by the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and has been in existence for over four decades.
Benefits of IJMB
- IJMB is a cost-effective way of gaining admission into a university in Nigeria.
- It saves students the stress and cost of writing JAMB exams multiple times.
- IJMB certificates do not expire, so students can use them to gain admission into universities even after several years.
- The program is recognized by most Nigerian universities.
Eligibility Criteria for IJMB
To be eligible for IJMB, a student must:
- Possess at least five O’level credits in not more than two sittings.
- Have a minimum of five credits, including English language and Mathematics.
- Have a minimum of two relevant subjects to the course of study in any Nigerian university.
How to Register for IJMB
To register for IJMB, follow these steps:
- Visit the IJMB official website (https://ijmb.com.ng/) and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill the online application form and click on the “Submit” button.
- Print out the acknowledgement slip that appears after you submit your application form.
- Pay the registration fee at any bank using the RRR code on your acknowledgement slip.
- Upload your passport photograph and other required documents.
- Wait for the confirmation email from IJMB.
IJMB Registration Requirements
To register for IJMB, you will need the following documents:
- O’level result (WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB)
- Birth certificate or sworn affidavit
- Passport photograph
- Registration fee
IJMB Registration Fees
The IJMB registration fee varies depending on the study center. However, the average cost of IJMB registration in Nigeria is between N70,000 to N100,000.
IJMB Study Centers in Nigeria
There are over 50 IJMB study centers in Nigeria. Some of them are:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Lagos, Lagos
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
IJMB Examination and Grading System
The IJMB examination is usually conducted in February every year. It is a three-hour examination that comprises of 50 multiple-choice questions. Each question carries two marks, and the pass mark is 40%. The grading system for IJMB is as follows:
- A – 70% and above
- B – 60% to 69%
- C – 50% to 59%
- D – 45% to 49%
- E – 40% to 44%
- F – Below 40%
Advantages of IJMB over JAMB
There are several advantages of IJMB over JAMB, some of them include:
- IJMB is cheaper than JAMB in terms of cost.
- IJMB students do not have to compete with millions of other students for admission.
- IJMB students have a higher chance of gaining admission into their preferred course of study.
Also Read: IJMB Timetable 2023 | IJMB 2023 Exam Date
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum requirement to apply for IJMB?
A minimum of five O’level credits in not more than two sittings is required.
How much is the IJMB registration fee?
The registration fee varies depending on the study center, but it is usually between N70,000 to N100,000.
Can I use IJMB result to gain admission into any Nigerian university?
Yes, IJMB is recognized by most Nigerian universities.
When is the IJMB examination conducted?
The IJMB examination is usually conducted in February every year.
What is the pass mark for IJMB examination?
The pass mark is 40%.
The IJMB program is a viable option for Nigerian students who want to gain admission into a university. It is cost-effective, recognized by most Nigerian universities, and offers a higher chance of gaining admission into preferred courses of study. To register for IJMB, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria, have the required documents, and follow the registration process as outlined on the IJMB official website.